For more than three decades, Strawberry Shortcake dolls have been some of the most-loved and most widely sought after items of its time.
Strawberry Shortcake has started to make a comeback, and you can now find many collectable items including glasses, pillows, clothing items, modern toys, and much, much more. 2014 is a Strawberry Shortcake lover’s paradise, but remember to cherish the old with the new. Your vintage strawberry shortcake dolls have been through a lot, and to help you appreciate her value, we’ll share a few fun facts about strawberry shortcake.
- The first line of dolls hit the market in 1979, by Kenner.
- American Greetings is the licensed owner of the Strawberry Shortcake trademark.
- The dolls were scented to match their names.
- In 1980, there was a Strawberry Shortcake TV show, which ran for about five years.
- In 2010, Hasbro held a Strawberry Shortcake Convention, and many fans from all over celebrated 30 years of Strawberry Shortcake.
- Many Strawberry Shortcake collectors have worked long and hard to make a complete collection, including Strawberry Shortcake, Huckleberry Pie, Blueberry Muffin, Apple Dumplin’, Tea Time Turtle and Purple Pie Man.
While on the hunt for the new toys from the updated Hasbro line, keep in mind that you might find something you love from the original collection too. Also check eBay, hobby stores, and our selection (of course) for vintage Strawberry Shortcake dolls to add to your collection.